Laying tiles and roof insulation
Covering the roof with tiles may be the best option for protecting any building provided that its design and placement of the tiles follow certain basic rules.
The tightness of the roof is ensured by the slope and of course by the condition and quality of the tiles. The minimum slope required depends on the climatic conditions of the area, the orientation of the building and the dimensions of the roof (length and especially width). In any case, the slope of the roof with the tiles installed should not be less than 30%. Overlapping tiles reduce the slope by 8%, which must be taken into account for the final result.
- The application of ventilation openings on the roof, helps to assimilate the outside with the inside temperature and to avoid the creation of water vapor inside.
- Tiles should be placed on beams that are properly spaced.
- The tiles must be laid, starting from the cornice of the roof and proceeding to the roof in the following ways: a) The French and German, from right to left and in horizontal lines, parallel to the cornice of the roof, b) The Dutch and Roman, from right to left, in rows perpendicular to the cornice of the roof.
- Tiles must be tied or nailed to the ledge.
- We must be careful during installation not to break, not to crack and not to get dirty with mud and generally not to show defects.
Montclair roofing insulation
Of course, you should know that the roof must be thermally insulated with insulating duvet or boards. If the space under the roof is a functional space of the house, the position of the thermal insulation is at the level of the paid. If it is an uninhabited space, then the thermal insulation is placed at the level of the roof of the top floor.
The thermal insulation layer is preferably accompanied by a water vapor barrier or has such a material built-in. In the first case, the ventilation of the roof is ensured if a small gap of at least 2 cm is left between the tile coating and the thermal insulation material. The gap is achieved with the proper application of the blocks that support the false ceiling, on which the quilt rests or the insulation boards themselves are nailed.
To prevent moisture and snow from entering the residential attic, it is necessary to apply a waterproofing curtain between the payroll and the support beams of the tiles. It is necessary to have a ventilation gap between the curtain and the ceramic coating. If the curtain is a flexible sealing mantle, then it can be applied loosely. We, Montclair roofing fix it at the points between the payers and the beams, while at intervals it is allowed to create burning arrows of the order of 4 to 5 cm. If the curtain is rigid, then it is kept at a distance from the beams by applying intermediate auxiliary beams perpendicular to first. The ventilation gap is not sufficient for proper ventilation of the roof unless special tiles or ventilation sections are provided at regular intervals in the roof covering.
If we are talking about Montclair roof repair, then there are some steps we need to follow:
- Some repairs are made if there is any damage to the roof.
- In case of damage to the roof by more than 37%. In this case, a major overhaul is performed, where all damaged parts are completely replaced with new ones.
- For minor local damage to the roof, you can make local repairs and adjustments to gutters.
- If one or more leaks are found, then special material pads are placed on them.
- If we find small cracks on the roof or gutters, we can seal them with construction tape or use sealant. But bear in mind that this solution is temporary.
Complete Montclair roofing installation with Gikas
The partial installation of the roof from scratch, should not take much, because in a wooden house the roof elements will deteriorate quickly. To replace the old roof, if it has disintegrated or started to leak, we can build a new one or make a partial repair.
In houses, the improvement and major repairs will be permanent. In order to change such a thing, you will need to rebuild the house into a partially residential one, for which it is screwed with bricks and a new, reliable roof is being built and new gutters are installed.