Tiles & Roof Insulation
Want greater protection on your roof? Then installing tiles might be the best option.
Tiles ensure that the design and placement of your roof follow specific rules that improve the value of your property. As roofing contractors, we look for high-quality ways to enhance the value of your property.
The slope and the tiles’ condition and quality solidify your roof’s tightness. The minimum slope required for flat roofs depends on the area’s climate, the building’s orientation, and the roof’s dimensions (length and especially width).
Regardless, the roof’s slope with the tiles installed should not be less than 30%. Overlapping tiles reduce the slope by 8%, which must be considered for the final result.
- Installing roof ventilation openings helps balance the indoor temperature and reduces water
- We also ensure that your tiles are placed on adequately spaced
- Your tiles must be laid, starting from the cornice of the roof and proceeding to the roof in the following ways: a) The French and German, from right to left and in horizontal lines, parallel to the cornice of the roof, b) The Dutch and Roman, from right to left, in rows perpendicular to the cornice of the roof.
- Tiles must be nailed or tied to the ledge
- During the installation, we work tirelessly not to crack and not to dirty up your tiles to reduce their quality
Jersey City Roofing Insulation
We ensure your roof is thermally insulated with an insulating duvet or board. If the space under the roof is functional for the home, the position of the thermal insulation must be correct.
If it is an uninhabited space below the home, then thermal insulation will be placed at the same level as the roof of the top floor.
A water vapor barrier preferably accompanies the thermal insulation layer or has this material built-in. The roof’s ventilation is ensured if a small gap of at least 2 cm is left between the tile coating and the thermal insulation material.
The gap is then created with a proper application of the blocks that support your false ceiling.
To prevent moisture and snow from entering your attic, it is necessary to apply a waterproofing curtain between the support beams of the tiles.
It is necessary to have a ventilation gap between the curtain and the ceramic coating if the curtain is a flexible sealing mantle, which can then be applied loosely.
Our team strives to install your insulation correctly and with the utmost in customer service. We also use the latest roofing techniques to install your roof correctly.
Roof Repair in Jersey City
How your roof repair is done is just as important as who you hire to do it for you. To ensure the best results for your roof, we take the following steps:
- Repairs are made to the damage on the roof
- If more than 37% of your roof is damaged, we offer a roof replacement
- Minor damage requires local roof repairs and adjustments to your gutters if needed
- If multiple leaks are identified, then special pads are placed on them to stop the leak
- Small cracks on the roof or gutters require a quick sealant with construction tape—however, this is a temporary solution
Discover Better Roof Installations from Our Roofing Contractors in Jersey City
Partly installing a roof from scratch won’t require much because roof elements deteriorate quickly in a wooden house. We offer total roof replacement or partial repair services to replace an old roof that’s leaking.
However, we also offer major roof repairs.
Our roof installation services include the following:
- Replacement of roofing sheets if they’re worn or mechanically damaged
- We also replace beams, as needed, during the installation process
- The dimensions of your roof will change significantly during an installation
- We’ll also carry out a complete installation of both the roof and the attic
Gikas Roofing also provides roofing throughout Jersey City and the entire area, seven days a week.
Does Your House Need a New Roof Or Gutter Installation?
According to our expert team at Gikas Roofers, there are several reasons why your roof might need to be rebuilt.
Let’s take a look at these reasons below:
- The roof structure’s occasional wear due to improper installation or operating
- The result of poor quality roofing work of home builders during the construction of the roof;
- Lack of roof maintenance
- Poor ventilation from a lousy roof installation
- Old and nonfunctional gutters
- Flooding on your roof due to unmaintained gutters